By Dr Chelsea Eilts, ND, DSOM
During these busy and potentially stressful times, self-care is important. This acupressure technique can be a wonderful, simple way to increase a sense of peace and groundedness. Next time you find yourself feeling a bit tense, take a moment to try the following.
The Acupressure Technique
- Massage the following points for a minute each.
- Move through the points one by one with relaxed breath.
- Complete three rounds as needed throughout the day.
The Acupressure Points
- Si Shen Cong – 4 points – Follow from the tip of your ear straight up to the highest point on top of your head. These 4 points are 1 inch forward, back and to sides of this high-point.
- Baihui/ Point of 100 Meetings – 1 point – Follow from the tip of your ear straight up to the highest point on top of your head.
- Yongquan/ Bubbling Spring – 2 points – This is located on the bottom of the foot, in the indentation below the ball of your foot.
As always, feel free to schedule some in-person care with our wonderful acupuncture team here at Emerge. Call (760) 787-3615 to make an appointment.