Some good ways to handle your stress are:
- Belly breathing with a long exhale
- Mindfulness meditation
- Moving your body and getting outside in nature
- Getting enough, good sleep
- Hanging out with friends and family
- Proper diet and nutrition
- B vitamins, probiotics, many herbs and nutraceuticals
Some bad ways to deal with stress are:
- Overeating. Food can be comforting but too much of a good thing may make the stress worse.
- Binge drinking. A small amount of alcohol may temporarily relieve stress but heavy drinking will only increase it.
- Social Withdrawal. Some alone time is healthy but isolating yourself leads to higher anxiety.
- Not dealing with it at all. Denial and procrastination will not help and will probably just make it worse.
If you are dealing with a lot stress and need help, contact us and let one of our experts help you find ways to overcome your stress and its effects on your body, mind and emotions.