Some good ways to handle your stress are:
- Belly breathing with a long exhale is a good stress reducer.
- Mindfulness meditation has been shown to reduce stress.
- Moving your body and getting outside in nature may reduce stress.
- Getting enough sleep. Good sleep is the best for relieving stress.
- Hang out with friends and family. Helps relieve stress and anxiety.
- It is hard to feel stressed when laughing.
- Diet and Nutrition. Your body needs good food and proper nutrients to combat stress.
- B vitamins, probiotics, many herbs and nutraceuticals can help with stress.
Some bad ways to deal with stress are:
- Food can be comforting but too much of a good thing may make the stress worse.
- A small amount of alcohol may temporarily relieve stress but heavy drinking will only increase it.
- Social Withdrawal. Some alone time is healthy but isolating yourself leads to higher anxiety.
- Not dealing with it at all. Denial and procrastination will not help and will probably just make it worse.
If you are dealing with a lot stress and need help, contact us and let one of our experts help you find ways overcome your stress and the effects on your body, mind and emotions.